05 May 2009

Indian Ringneck Parrot (Psittacula krameri)

Indian Ringneck Parrot 
Psittacula krameri

Sexing

Both colours that I have required DNA testing. In some colours the male has a ring around his neck. I have used DNA Solutions for DNA testing.

Noise

High. They can have very high pitched squawks. I have taught my male "Nippet" to talk.

General Care

The male is hand reared and the female "Nelly" is the dominate one of the cage. Since she has been introduced to the cage about a month ago my male has been relegated to the lower side areas of the cage, although it has been getting slightly better lately.

Breeding

I'm breeding an albino or white male with a pastel or turquoise blue female. I will be introducing a nesting box the end of June for my first try of breeding this pair. I'm expecting greens, light blues and pastel blues colours from the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment