21 December 2015

Selling Birds

The somewhat frustrating issue of selling birds.

I both loathe and enjoy selling birds at the same time. Pet shops only offer a low amount of a bird worth so it forces me to list my birds online for sale to recoup some money for my hobby.

Some of my pet peeves are

- Asking questions that are clearly stated in the ad
- Asking for a discount. Even though the bird is listed at a more than fair price to begin with; I don't list a bird for sale at certain price to be bartered down price that I actual want to get...
- No shows. Why organize to pick up and bird and not turn up? You either want the bird or not.

I do enjoy chatting with other bird owner however and I have found that bird owner a generally very nice people. 

I have had the most success with Gumtree but I have also used Petlink in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment