20 April 2016

New additions

The last few months have been largely cleaning, maintenance and pest control.

However I have made some new additions. I have purchased a new Gouldian hen to replace the one that was attacked and killed by a rat.


The Nowra bird sale on the weekend also allowed me to add a male Cockatiel to pair with my hand raised female "Tishi" and a pair of King Quail. My son Noah has decided to name the pair of quail "Muddy" and "Rosy".



I have heard quite a few bad luck stories in regard to King Quail flying. Usually letting the quails out to have a peck around in the garden or back yard and eventually ends up in the quails getting spooked and flying away for good. I was demonstrated this ability at the bird sale with one of my new quails flying straight up and half way across the hall when being transferred to my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment