21 April 2013

Nowra Bird Sale



This year I decided to invest in some new breeds of parrot at the Nowra bird sale.

Unlike previous years I believe the rain scared off a few attendants which made it a lot more pleasant to walk around and view the birds.

This year I was particularly interested in Eastern Rosella or Galah but the lack of Galah's or the a reasonably priced pair of Eastern Rosella seen me settle for two other breed that have interested me also.

I purchased a pair of Red Rumps also commonly known as Grass Parrots for $30 to be placed in my larger aviary. They had a bit of of a sorting out period when the Princess Parrot decided to show there dominance of the aviary even fighting between each other but it soon settled down.

I also purchased a hand raised Cockatiel for $35. My son has taken a particular interest in "her" a think they will bond well once he learn she doesn't always want to play!I find myself saying "gentle" a lot. She will live inside for the time being, I'm excited to have another hand raised bird  to interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment