26 October 2011

Scarlet Chested Parrots - Chicks

I firstly would like to explain the state of feather of my female Scarlet Chested Parrot. It is something that I have notice only in my Scarlet Chested Parrots. It happens to all my females are only around breeding times and has been caused by two different males. They always recover from there tatty appearance. I asked on a bird forum if it was normal and the only answer I got was "I don't think its normal" but it doesn't seem to affect there health. I thought I should explain because when I showed the picture to my wife her first response was "Is she dead?".

That out of the way one of my Scarlet Chested females has two chicks hatched, I didn't notice any broken eggs around my other female so I let her be and my Bourke female was out of the box and her two eggs are unhatched.

I helped my third Indian Ringneck chick out of the box and it ability to fly is much like the others but they are getting better. I opened the front section of my aviary to them to give them a bit more room to spread there wings. The colours of the chicks are albino, blue and turquoise also known as pastel blue.

The Green Cheeked Conure female continues to sit. I have not checked the box because I'm worried that she my go off the eggs if I interrupt her in any way. I have even been putting off cleaning the floor just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment