22 October 2011

Indian Ringnecked Parrots out of the box



I got a pleasant surprise today a week before I expected it two of my baby Indian Ringnecked Parrots came out of the box. First the albino then the blue a few hours later. They were both very awkward and clumsy flying around the aviary, I had to leave the aviary as I was worried that they were going to hurt themselves. At one point the blue one put itself in the corner where the breeding box is upside down and slid down into the branches below.

"Nelly" there mother appeared to be giving the albino one flying lessons at one stage flying to the bottom of the cage and up over and over. I expect the pastel blue one to make an appearance tomorrow. I'm glad it happened on a weekend where I could observe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment