02 November 2015

Buddy

I have named my abandon Bourke Parrot chick "Buddy". I has become obvious that she has an issue with one of her legs; I'm not sure if this was the reason she was chucked out of the nesting box or something that happened in the fall.



I'm now a lot better set up with a plastic box with a reptile heating pad taped to the bottom. This now allows me not to worry too much about keeping her warm and just focus on feeding. I'm roughly feeding her every four hours and during the night I feed her just before bed, once around 1 to 2am and when I wake. She now chirps when she hears me mixing her food with the teaspoon anticipating the feed. 

The thing I have definitely noticed about "Buddy" is that she is a fighter and has a determined will to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment