18 April 2014

RSPCA Adoption

I decided to adopt a male Indian Ringneck Parrot from a local RSPCA shelter.

His name is "Boe" and believe him to be partially hand reared as when I got him out of the box he climbed on my hand then shoulder but soon after me offering my hand to step up on he gave me a little nip but did not fly away. I have also been feeding him by hand and he is poor flyer (I suspect his wings have be clipped). 

I had an interest in doing this for a while but never found a bird advertised available. It cost me $35 to adopt him, me to provided ID and to sign a form saying I would not on sell him or experiment on him (bit odd but I guess it happens).

He seems slightly larger and differently mark to my other males which leads me to believe he may be crossed with an Alexandrian Parrot but I can't be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment