13 March 2012

New Scarlet Chested Parrot


I picked up my new male Scarlet Chested Parrot on Sunday. He is young a yet to get his full adult plumage.

Most of my knowledge on birds either comes from reading (books, magazines, web) or from other breeders (when buying or selling birds usually). Generally I find there are two types of people here - ones you have to probe for information by asking questions or those who openly share as much as they can. However I discovered a third type on Sunday one who really challenged my methods in keeping and breeding birds. He questioned a lot of things such as breeding box size and nesting material type for Scarlet Chested parrots, supplementing of diet with soaked seed and egg shell and even such things as transporting boxes and cages to disease. Anything I can learn in this area is welcomed, to learn from someone experiences is the the main reason I have written this blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment