08 March 2012

New Ringneck


I have found myself in possession of a new Indian Ringneck Parrot. My wife's cousin found him and had been caring for some time but found him a little too much to look after. He turquoise blue with almost elements of clear tail in his tail.

I have named him Turk and I have introduced him to my other Ringnecks but Nippet and Nelly are yet to warm to him and I have witnessed him fighting a little with Nelly.   


We have had consistent and heavy rain and it is making the aviary somewhat of a bog, particularly the non concreted area. I considering taking some of the birds out to give them a break from the rain and house them inside for a couple of days if this weather continues.

I'm eagerly awaiting picking up my new Scarlet Chested male on Saturday. Can't wait! I have been looking for one for some time now.


No comments:

Post a Comment