16 December 2011

Cage maintenance

Today I introduced fresh branches into all cages. Giving the birds something to chew and to help with boredom. I try to maintain fresh branches but I try not to change them during breeding times as I might upset the process.

I also always keep cuttle bone in the cages for chewing and calcium intake (at least I believe it good for that).

I have had to do some repair work to the rear of the main aviary as some wood rotted and fell away. If I still had my smaller grass parrots in the aviary it could have created a perfect escape opportunity.

The two Scarlet Chested Parrots that sat on eggs have never fully left there boxes and on inspection today I noticed that they both have new eggs. I will see what happens with these new eggs but I probably should have removed the boxes to give each of them a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment