13 December 2016

Princess Parrot Runt

 The smallest of the clutch of four Princess Parrot chicks simply got too far behind its bigger siblings. My Plan was to top him up with hand rearing formula to give him a leg up but he just got too far behind and found him pushed to the side cold with his eyes closed.

I pulled him out and put him in my heated hand rearing box and fed him the formula and he picked up nicely on the first day. However the second day was different story with him not readily feeding and I had to force him to eat to a degree. Unfortunately he didn't live out the day.

The picture below shows the comparison in size between the smallest and his siblings. Oddly I witnessed one of the bigger chicks feeding the smallest although it may have just bee a simulation of what its parents feeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment