11 September 2012

Nesting Update

I returned from my holiday at which time I had my sister looking after my birds (when I'm away I have worry that people looking after my birds will keep up my standards but she did an excellent job), to find my Indian Ringnecks now have four eggs and my Bourke Parrots now have three. My female Indian Ringneck spends the night in the breeding box but is rarely in there at other times and my Bourke female that seemed to be mostly in her box sitting has been spending a lot of time out of it recently including of a night, it is her first clutch of eggs since I have had her hopefully she has not abandoned them.


I also completed a full clean of the aviary on my return including new branches which I placed to obscure the entrance of the Green Cheeked Conures box.

No comments:

Post a Comment