25 January 2012

Aviary Update


I'm currently looking after a bantam Rhode Island Red chicken her two chicks and her foster chick (a full sized Rhode Island Red) for my father while they move and settle into there new home. I have housed them in the Green Cheeked Conure section of the aviary at the moment because it is the largest area. The hen is sitting on the fostered chick of a night but is a bit aggressive during the day towards it and I have gone to the steps of separating it during the day and putting it underneath during the night. They are benefiting from the large amount of seed dropped by the conures at this stage.

Selling my young Conures has been somewhat of a trail but I enjoy the chance to meet like minded people as with purchasing birds and selling my young Indian Ringnecked Parrots. I have sold two out of the four young and in one case swapped one for a male Princess Parrot. I have been using two free online methods to sell my parrots (Gumtree and petlink) with most response coming from Gumtree thus far but not a great deal of follow through with the sale. I have inquired about selling them to a pet shop but the amount that I can give me is far less than what I can get online and still give the buyer a great price compared to buying them in a pet shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment